Has Adria Airways any restrictions for acceptance of infants?
Adria Airways accepts children whatever their age with their proper documentation.
Is it mandatory to purchase a ticket and reserve a seat for my baby?
All children will need their own ticket, but only children 2 years and older will need their own seat.
Until your baby reaches 2 years of age, you may travel with your infant on your lap, or you can reserve a seat for him/her. It’s really up to you. If you buy him a seat, than you need to make sure you have a proper restraint device.
If your baby travels on your lap, you can buy him/her a ticket with a discount of 90% of the regular ticket price (except for FLYLOW fare). Infants not occupying a seat are entitled to a free baggage allowance on Adria Airways flights:
- No hand baggage allowance, but the infant’s food for consumption on board may be carried free of charge.
- One piece of baggage with total linear dimensions up to 158 cm and a maximum weight of 23 kg, regardless of the travel class, but only if the accompanying adult is entitled to a free baggage allowance (i.e. an infant without a seat has no checked baggage allowance when traveling on a Basic ticket).
- One fully collapsible stroller/pushchair or car seat.
The car seat or pushchair can be checked at the aircraft door or steps and collected from the same place after landing. You can take your child’s car seat with you in the cabin only if you purchased an additional seat for your baby.
To make your flight easier when flying with infants you should take into account:
- You should always try to book flights that fit your baby’s normal feeding and sleeping schedule, so it’s better to book shorter flights with the less amounts of connections possible.
- In order to fly stress free pack additional diapers, baby wipes, snacks, bottles, pacifiers, toys and an extra set of clothes.
- To avoid the discomfort that your baby might feel due to air pressure changes, you can always give your child a piece of candy or gum, their pacifier, or you can feed them or give them plenty of water during take-off and landing.
- Have your baby’s passport with you and a document that can serve as a proof of your baby’s age.
- Make sure your baby has all its vaccinations and is in proper health.
- Baby meals are also available to order on Adria Airways flights where food is served.
All children 2 years and older will need their own seat. They also have special discounts up to 33% of the regular ticket price (except for FLYLOW fare). Children have the same baggage allowance as adult passengers when traveling on Adria Airways flights. On flights where food is served, there are some special menus for children between 2 and 12 years old.