How can I check in for an Asiana flight?
When traveling on an Asiana flight, various options to check in before or after arriving at the airport are available for passengers:
- Online & Mobile Check-in.
- Self-Service Kiosk Check-in.
- City Check-in.
- Counter Airport Check-in.
What is the closing time for Counter Check-in?
Asiana Airlines recommends passengers to arrive at the check-in counter at least two hours before departure. Passengers cannot board the flight if they arrive at the counter after the following check-in closing times:
- Domestic flights in South Korea – 20 minutes before departure.
- International flights:
- 40 minutes before departure – general closing time for international flights (flights departing from airports not mentioned below).
- 60 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from New York, Seattle, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Honolulu, Beijing, Istanbul and Frankfurt.
- 50 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from Seoul (Incheon), London, Delhi, Manila, Bangkok, Sydney, Okinawa, Phuket, Shanghai(Pudong), and Rome.
- 45 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from Chongqing, Hangzhou, Shenzhen, and Shenyang.
- 30 minutes before departure – for international flights departing from Yantai and Weihai.
Online & Mobile Check-in
For Online & Mobile Check-in, passengers must have a confirmed booking with an e-Ticket. Boarding pass issuance through Online & Mobile Check-in is available from 48 hours up to:
- 30 minutes before domestic flight departure.
- 1 hours before international flight departure.
- Exception: to/from the US – from 24 hours up to 1 hour before departure.
Online & Mobile Check-in is available for:
- All domestic flights within Korea, excluding domestic flights from Busan.
- All international flights, excluding some extra or chartered flights.
After checking-in, passengers can obtain the boarding pass online or on their mobile device. Online (home-printed) and mobile boarding passes are accepted at the following airports:
- All domestic airports.
- International airports:
- The US – only online (home-printed) boarding pass: New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), Seattle (SEA), San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), Honolulu (HNL).
- Europe: London Heathrow (LHR), Paris-Charles De Gaulle (CDG), Frankfurt(FRA), Rome(FCO), Istanbul (IST).
- Japan: Tokyo (NRT & HND), Fukuoka (FUK), Okinawa (OKA), Osaka (KIX), Nagoya(NGO).
- Other regions: Almaty (ALA), Astana (TSE), Bangkok (BKK), Hong Kong (HKG), Taipei-Taoyuan (TPE).
When departing from other airports, passengers will get an exchange voucher to retrieve their boarding pass at the check-in counter.
For domestic flights, passengers with online or mobile boarding pass should proceed to the security checkpoint at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
At least 60 minutes before departure, passengers with an online or mobile boarding pass for an international flight should proceed to the security checkpoint without visiting the check-in counter if traveling with hand baggage only or drop off their checked baggage at the dedicated counter.
Self-Service Kiosk Check-in
Passengers holding e-Tickets with confirmed reservations can use a Self-Service Kiosk to choose their seat and obtain the boarding pass. If they have baggage to check in, the baggage counter provides easy and prompt baggage processing services. Passengers who have an itinerary with transfers must check in at the staffed Asiana Airlines Check-in Counter. Self-Service Kiosks are installed at the following airports and available for the following flights:
- Domestic flights in Korea – 20 minutes before the time of departure at Gwangju Airport, Yeosu Airport, Gimpo Airport, Jeju Airport, and Ulsan Airport.
- International flights – 60 minutes before the time of departure at Gimpo Airport (International Terminal), Incheon International Airport, Tokyo Narita, London, Frankfurt, Osaka Kansai and Los Angeles.
Samsung-dong City Airport (COEX)
Check-in at Samsung-dong City Airport (COEX) terminal is available for Asiana domestic and international flights on the day of departure up to:
- 2 hours and 20 minutes before departure from Seoul-Gimpo Airport.
- 3 hours before departure from Incheon International Airport.
Besides check-in, other available services at City Airport are baggage check-in and departure immigration clearance. Passengers from City Airport are transported to the designated airport by limousine bus and can use the designated entrance (for diplomats and flight crews) if they have completed immigration clearance at City Airport.
Seoul Station City Airport Terminal
At Seoul Station City Airport Terminal, for passengers traveling to the airport via AREX (the Airport Railroad Express Train, not the all-stop, commuter train), check-in, baggage check-in (excess baggage fees at the airport) and immigration clearance is available up to 3 hours before departure for Asiana Airlines international flights departing from Incheon International Airport. At the airport, passengers can pass through the designated entrance.
For international flights, boarding begins from 25 to 30 minutes before departure and closes 10 minutes before departure.
For domestic flights, boarding begins 15 minutes prior to departure and closes 5 minutes before departure.