Does Edelweiss Air offer the Unaccompanied Minor Service?
For children traveling alone, Edelweiss Air offers the Unaccompanied Minor Service. The availability of the service depends on the age of the child:
- The Unaccompanied Minor Service is not available for children under the age of 5 years who must be accompanied by an adult aged at least 18 or a sibling aged 16 years.
- The Unaccompanied Minor Service is available and mandatory for children aged between 5 and 11 years (inclusive) traveling alone (not accompanied by a person of minimum 12 years).
- The Unaccompanied Minor Service is available on an optional basis for children aged between 12 and 17 years.
What are the fees for the Unaccompanied Minor Service offered by Edelweiss Air?
The Unaccompanied Minor Service ensures that your child will not be left on his own from check-in until he/she is handed over to the contact person waiting for him/her. At departure, your child will be accompanied to the departure gate, through customs and security checks, by an Edelweiss ground crew member. Upon arrival, your child will be accompanied by a ground crew member up to customs and to the person designated to meet your child at the destination.
The Unaccompanied Minor Service offered by Edelweiss Air can be ordered through the Service Center, up to 96 hours before flight departure. The fee for the Unaccompanied Minor Service, in all travel classes, is:
- CHF 70 / EUR 60 for short-haul and medium-haul flights.
- CHF 120 / EUR 100 / USD/CAD 150 for long-haul flights.