Are passengers allowed to travel with pets on HOP! flights?
Passengers may travel on HOP! flights only with cats and dogs. Pets may be transported in the passenger cabin or baggage hold.
Attack, guard or defense dogs are not accepted for transportation. Snub-nosed dogs and cats are not accepted for transportation in the hold.
Are advance arrangements necessary when traveling with my pet?
When you travel with a pet in the passenger cabin, you can make the reservation online, for both you and your pet. To prepare your flight with a pet as checked baggage, you must contact HOP! booking service by phone. You should check in with your pet at least 1 hour before departure time and, when checking-in, present your pet’s vaccination card. All pets must be tattooed or identified by a microchip.
For the transportation of your pet, you must prepare a closed but well-ventilated travel container. The travel container, which must meet specific standards for transportation on any flight, whether in the cabin or baggage hold, must allow for the pet to stand up and turn around.
Pets in the Passenger Cabin
Only small pets, dogs and cats under 8 kg (including the travel container), are allowed in the cabin. It is essential that you provide a container (cage or well-adapted bag) meeting very specific required standards for your pet’s travel. The dimensions of the container shall not exceed 46 x 24 x 28 cm.
Since it is never included in the carry-on allowance, you must pay an additional fee to travel with your pet in the cabin. The one-way fee for a single flight for any pet transported in the cabin is:
- €40 – flights within continental France.
- €55 – flights within Europe.
Pets in the Baggage Hold
Bigger pets, cats and dogs over 8 kg (including the travel container), can only be transported in the baggage hold. It is your responsibility to provide for your pet a travel container that respects the required standards:
- HOP! will only accept hard plastic or fiberglass travel containers with at least two door-locking mechanisms.
- For ATR, CRJ, and Embraer aircraft, the size of the container must not exceed 102 x 77 x 67 cm, and the weight of both the pet and the container must not exceed 65 kg.
- For Airbus A320 airplanes, the size of the container must not exceed 122 x 89 x 82 cm, and the weight of both the pet and the container must not exceed 75 kg.
- For its own safety, the pet will not be accepted at check-in if the container doesn’t comply with these specific standards.
The container of your pet is never included in the baggage allowance, and you must pay an additional fee. The one-way fee for a single flight for any pet transported in the baggage hold is:
- €80 – flights within continental France.
- €100 – flights within Europe.