What is Oman Air’s policy on acceptance of pets in the passenger cabin?
Carriage of animals on board as hand baggage is currently not allowed on any of Oman Air flights.
What is Oman Air’s policy on acceptance of pets as checked baggage?
Only cats and dogs are likely to be accepted by Oman Air for travel as checked baggage if the following conditions are met:
- Prior approval from Oman Air has been obtained.
- The animal is accompanied by valid health and vaccination certificates, entry permits, and other required documents.
- The passenger assumes full responsibility for the animal at all times.
- The animal is transported in a proper container.
- The animal will be considered Special Baggage (not included in the free baggage allowance), for the applicable charge must be paid.
Service Animals, dogs accompanying passengers with disabilities and emotional support or psychiatric service animals, will be carried free of charge, in addition to the normal Free Baggage Allowance, subject to domestic laws or Oman Air’s conditions, which are available upon request.
For the carriage of emotional support or psychiatric service animals is required an additional medical certificate, not older than 6 months before the flight, issued by a licensed mental health professional certifying the passenger’s need for such support and the nature of service of the animal.