Does Royal Jordanian offer Unaccompanied Minor Service?
For children who are flying alone, Royal Jordanian offers the Unaccompanied Minor service, service intended to make the flight a memorable experience for kids traveling to any of its 60 destinations and beyond, on connecting flights with partner airlines.
What is the age requirement for a child to qualify as an Unaccompanied Minor?
Age requirements must be complied in order for children traveling alone to be eligible for Royal Jordanian's Unaccompanied Minor service:
- Infants (7 days – 23 months) are not accepted as Unaccompanied Minors onboard Royal Jordanian flights.
- Children aged 2 to 5 years may be accepted for travel as Unaccompanied Minors provided that arrangements for a Royal Jordanian Escort have been made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled departure through RJ’s Reservations. Travel is permitted only to Royal Jordanian gateways.
- Children aged 5 to 12 years are accepted to travel as Unaccompanied Minors to and beyond Royal Jordanian gateways, except to the US where they may travel only on nonstop flights to Royal Jordanian gateways.
- Only when traveling to the US alone, children aged 12 to 15 years are considered Unaccompanied Minors, but they are permitted to travel beyond Royal Jordanian gateways provided that their connecting flight is scheduled for the same day, and the minimum connecting time is three hours.
Children aged 12 to 16 years, 15 through 17 years of age for travel to the US, can be made Unaccompanied Minors at the parents’ discretion by paying the service fee. When the service fee is paid, all Unaccompanied Minor policies and procedures will be followed.
Unaccompanied Minor Service
Booking a ticket for an Unaccompanied Minor is possible only by visiting a Royal Jordanian office. The required forms must be completed before the ticket is issued. At this time, names and contact details of the persons who will escort the minor to the departure airport and who will receive them at the destination must be submitted.
The itinerary of the Unaccompanied Minor must not involve a change of airport or a scheduled stopover exceeding 8 hours in the case of Queen Alia International Airport, or 4 hours in the case of any other airport, unless arrangements have been made for a parent, guardian or responsible adult to take responsibility for the child during the full period of the stopover.
In Amman, Unaccompanied Minors may check in only at Queen Alia International Airport (not at the Amman City Terminal). They must be accompanied at check-in by an adult who remains in the airport with an allocated member of Royal Jordanian staff until the aircraft has taken off from the airport.
Unaccompanied Minors are well cared for from check-in to arrival. A dedicated ground hostess meets them in the departures hall and helps them through the check-in and boarding process. In the air, onboard staff will give extra care to minors traveling alone. Upon arrival, Unaccompanied Minors will only be delivered into the care of the designated adult.
For children who are traveling as Unaccompanied Minors, the following service fees must be paid:
- Travel to/from Royal Jordanian gateways: 60 USD or equivalent.
- Travel to points beyond Royal Jordanian gateways: 100 USD or equivalent.