What is Royal Jordanian’s policy with regard to pets?
Royal Jordanian allows passengers to travel with pets on board its flights in the Economy Class cabin and as checked baggage.
What are the general conditions of acceptance of pets on Royal Jordanian flights?
Royal Jordanian will not accept animals for carriage unless you have obtained prior approval from RJ’s Systems & Procedures Section, and the following general conditions are met:
- The reservation must be made at least 2 days prior to departure.
- The pet must be properly crated in a suitable container.
- The pet is accompanied by valid health and vaccination certificates, permits, and other documents required by countries of departure, entry or transit.
- The applicable fee has been paid.
Pets in the Cabin
The carriage of dogs and cats on Royal Jordanian flights is subject to the following conditions:
- Permitted only in Economy Class (Y/C) cabin and only two pets per flight (one in the FWD section and one in the AFT section of the cabin).
- The flying time must not exceed 5 hours.
- The total weight, pet plus crate / soft bag, must not exceed 7 kg (15 lbs).
- The container / soft bag dimensions must not exceed 40 x 50 x 26 cm.
- A pet is not considered to be part of the passenger’s free baggage allowance, and it will be charged as normal excess baggage fee.
Falcons in the Cabin
On limited occasions, falcons are accepted at the owner’s risk. Falcons may be carried in the cabin, especially in the Gulf area, provided that the following conditions are met:
- Permitted only on window seats in the AFT areas of the Economy (Y/C) class.
- Maximum 10 falcons on narrow-body aircraft, and 15 falcons on wide-body aircraft.
- Maximum 2 falcons per seat.
- More than one falcon per handler requires the booking of an adjacent seat.
- Falcons must be properly hooded, and a chain or rope must be securely attached to the aircraft seat and the leg of each falcon.
- For one falcon, Royal Jordanian will charge three times the normal excess baggage fee.
Pets as Checked Baggage
Pets, such as dogs, cats and other small domestic animals, accompanied by a passenger on the same flight may be accepted as checked baggage. Only 4 pets are allowed per aircraft.
Pets will be treated as excess baggage and cannot be included in the free baggage allowance. The container size (the sum of its three dimensions) should not exceed 203 cm (80 inches). According to the Piece Concept, Royal Jordanian will charge the following fees for the carriage of pets as checked baggage:
|1st container up to 32 kg (70 lbs) and 203 cm (80 inches)||
Twice the normal excess baggage fee
for the first additional piece
|2nd+ container up to 32 kg (70 lbs) and 203 cm (80 inches)||
Twice the normal excess baggage fee
for further additional pieces
|32-45 kg (70-100 lbs) OR 203-250 cm (80-100 inches)||Three times the normal excess baggage fee|
|32-45 kg (70-100 lbs) AND 203-250 cm (80-100 inches)||Four times the normal excess baggage fee|
|For each additional 10 kg (25 lbs) over 45 kg (100 lbs)||One normal excess baggage fee in addition to the fee above|
|For each additional 50 cm (20 inches) over 250 cm (100 inches)|
Royal Jordanian may accept Service Dogs (dogs trained to lead the blind/deaf) for transportation in the cabin or cargo hold without charge. The Service Dog may be permitted into the cabin when properly harnessed, but shall not be permitted to occupy a seat.
For travel to/from the US, the rules of acceptance of Service Animals are dictated by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), in accordance with the American Disability Act (ADA).